Thursday, June 18, 2009

How's your portfolio?

One of the best things I did when I started looking for work as a college graduate was to assemble a comprehensive portfolio that both listed and provided examples of my education, professional experience, and skill sets.

Whether your are employed or unemployed, novice or experienced, a career portfolio is a strong personal asset, both in hard and electronic format. Recent UNC-CH graduate and employed professional Courtney Miller provides some excellent starting tips in a guest post to Tar Heels in Transit. Along with some common-sense (and often ignored) suggestions on formatting and regular updating of information, Courtney recommends providing summaries of writing summaries so the reader/interviewer can understand the context of your submission. This is an excellent idea, and I look forward to incorporating it with my portfolio in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment